As of Friday, June 11, Illinois has moved to Phase 5 of the Restore Illinois Plan, and the Streamwood Park District is thrilled to begin the transition back to pre-pandemic operations.
It has been an extremely long and taxing 1 year, 2 months, and 29 days (455 days in total, but who’s counting) since we posted that COVID-19 had reached our community with the shutting down of facilities, programs, and events.
As the Streamwood Park District navigated through the fluidly changing phases of the Restore Illinois plan, the District was committed to providing ample opportunities for the community to recreate. Whether it was virtual storytime with Ms. Robin, unplugging from the electronics in our lives and taking walks through our wonderful parks, joining our socially distant outdoor group fitness classes, or helping Park Pride Day reach all-time volunteer records, our resilient residents showed up.
The Board and staff of the Streamwood Park District thank you for the patience and continued support you exhibited as we all endured this unprecedented time together. It has been an honor and privilege to serve you each and every day.
While some aspects of the District will no longer have capacity limits, it’s important to note that many programs, events, and classes involve children 12 or under who are unable to be vaccinated. Therefore, masks and social distancing are still required in those situations. Please see below for a list of program and facility-related updates as it relates to Phase 5.
- The Park Place aquatics center will continue to serve lap swimmers and Aqua Fit students at full capacity. No maximum for open swim.
- Per CDC and DCEO guidelines, the saunas and hot tub will remain closed.
- The Sunny Hill splash pad will open to the public on June 21st.
ATHLETICS & LEAGUES
- All fully vaccinated individuals may participate in and spectate at indoor and outdoor athletics and leagues.
- All those NOT vaccinated, including those ages 2 -12 years old, must continue to wear masks while participating and spectating while indoors and when outdoors not able to maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- Fitness members may use the Park Place gym to play basketball individually or in group/team play.
- No open gym yet. Please see Guest Services staff or Recreation staff for additional information.
PARK PLACE INDOOR TRACK
- The track is open at full capacity with no capacity limits.
PARKS AND PLAYGROUNDS
- Parks and playgrounds are open with no capacity limits.
PARK PLACE FITNESS CENTER
- The fitness center will remain open at full capacity with no capacity limits.
- Group fitness classes will operate at full capacity. Reservations no longer required. Maximum capacity will be determined by the type of class.
- Locker rooms will be open with no modifications/limits.
- The water bottle refill station is available.
- Please bring your own water bottle, mat, and towel. Towel service and mats are not available.
- Indoor recreation programming continues in person with full capacity. Maximum capacity will be determined by the type of class.
- Outdoor recreation programming continues with no capacity limits.
- Events can operate at full capacity.
- Movie in the Park is still a registration program, others are now open to the public.
HOOSIER GROVE BARN
- Capacity limits set by banquet type at the facility. Back to normal.
- Outdoor social events/weddings; no capacity limits.
- Seated Areas: Tables will remain 6 ft apart. Tables limited to 10 (Inside & Outside)
- Non-vaccinated guests must continue to wear masks unless seated at their table, eating/drinking
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR PHASE 5 RESPONSE?
Superintendent of Recreation