The Streamwood Park District has replaced its Thor Guard Lightning and Prediction System with the Perry Weather System at four of our parks, including Dolphin Park, Hoosier Grove Park, Rahlf’s Woods Park, and Sunny Hill Park.
This new warning system utilizes technology based on actually detected lightning strikes in the area instead of predictive technology which can often give false alarms. This will enable the park district to provide guests and staff with more reliable, real-time information about potential lightning activity at our parks and athletic fields. For more information about Perry Weather, visit www.perryweather.com.
In the event of a thunderstorm…
- Seek shelter indoors. Find a sturdy building or hardtop vehicle with the windows closed.
- In no indoor shelters are available, find a low spot away from trees, fences, and poles.
- Stay away from water and water fountains.
- Stay away from metal such as chainlink fences and metal-constructed bleachers.
- Seek shelter in small sheds, dugouts, underneath trees, or on high ground.
- Seek shelter in a place that is subject to flooding.
Contact the Parks Hotline