updated 11.20.20 | 1:37 pm
Governor Pritzker announced on Tuesday, November 17 that all of Illinois will enter Tier 3 resurgence mitigations beginning Friday, November 20.
As always with the COVID-19 pandemic, our goal is to continue to safely serve our community. Please see the below updates as to how these new mitigations for tier 3 affect the Streamwood Park District and our patrons.
In an effort to combat the recent surge of COVID-19, Governor Pritzker has called for the State of Illinois to move to tier 3 within the Restore Illinois program. Effective Friday, November 20 at 12:01 am, Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigations will be put in place in all 11 regions of Illinois.
FITNESS & AQUATIC CENTER
- Maximum registration at the fitness center for a time slot moves to 20. Reservations can be made online here.
- Masks are required at all times within the building. The only exception being while directly in the lap pool. Once out of the water, on deck, a face-covering MUST be worn.
- The family locker room will remain closed to the public.
- The general locker and private locker areas within each gender-specific locker room will be closed to the public.
- The showers within each gender-specific locker room will remain open to the public.
- Users of the aquatics area will gain access to the pool deck, and return to the general area of the building, through the gender-specific locker rooms.
Organized group recreational activities (sports, indoor sports and activity facilities, etc.)
- Pause all indoor group sporting and recreational activities including youth and adult recreational sports, individual training may remain (with facility reservation) such as private swim, dance, and baseball training.
- Youth Basketball League on pause until January 2021
HOOSIER GROVE BARN
- Closed for events, but will remain regular office hours for tours and booking future events.
- Temporarily closed to the public. The Community Center will reopen once Tier 2 resurgence mitigations are reached.
PARKS & PLAYGROUNDS
- Parks & playgrounds will remain open.
- All visitors & users MUST maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet, and MUST wear masks at all times.
The above is an incomplete listing of the full requirements of the tier 3 changes. Additional requirements for facilities, programs, events, have not been specifically listed, and may be found in the Restore Illinois information, found in the link above.
Any and all information is subject to change at any time, without notice, based on Streamwood Park District best practices and/or new restrictions or information from the State of Illinois, Illinois Department of Public Health, CDC, Cook County Health Department, Village of Streamwood, or other governmental entity, medical professionals, Streamwood Park District Board of Commissioners, or other entity.
Please visit us at StreamwoodParks.org or follow us on social media for