Due to COVID-19, we have restructured our existing programs, and have added new options to our curriculum to ensure your child(ren) are receiving the best and safest learning experience.
We will continue to off our 3-year-old and 4 year old preschool curriculum. We are now offering online preschool for 4-year-olds and a curriculum only home school preschool for 3 and 4 year olds.
We have lowered our class sizes to allow for 6 ft. social distancing during class. All drop off/pick-up will be in the circle drive of Park Place. Parents will not enter the building. Preschoolers will wear a mask in all commons areas and when social distancing is not applicable. Children will need to bring their own bag of crayons, markers, and scissors. At this time, we plan to hold in-person classes following social distancing guidelines.
3 YEAR OLD PRESCHOOL
- The focus of this program is to provide hands-on, center-based activities that foster fine motor skills to enhance pre-writing skills, promote socialization, and introduce letter and number recognition. Large motor skills are enhanced through music and movement activities that also encourage following directions and listening skills. Simple math and science projects are incorporated into the curriculum to foster critical thinking skills.
4 YEAR OLD PRESCHOOL
- The focus of this program is to provide developmentally appropriate activities to
ensure our students are socially, emotionally, and academically ready for kindergarten. Hands-on, center-based activities, as well as pencil writing, are used to emphasize letters, letter sounds, numbers, and simple sight words. Math and science projects are incorporated into the curriculum to foster critical thinking skills.
ONLINE PRESCHOOL (4 YEAR OLDS)
- We will utilize Google Classroom for this class. Once a month there will be a supplies
pick-up at Park Place in the circle drive. One of our Preschool Teachers will work with your children through Google Classroom for one hour (9-10a), 3 days a week.
CURRICULUM ONLY – HOME SCHOOL (3 & 4 YEAR OLDS)
- Sign up for this program if you would like to home school your preschooler but want to
utilize our curriculum. We will provide craft projects and worksheets. Parents must provide their own scissors, glue, and writing materials at home. This program will run for the months of September (2 weeks), October, November, and December (2 weeks).
|510501-09||3 year olds||$195/$245|
|510501-10||4 year olds||$195/$245|
Supplies/Packet Pick-Up Dates (Online & Home school Only)
|August 31 (1-2p)||September 28 (1-2p)||October 26 (1-2p)||November 30 (1-2p)|
- Children must be the appropriate age (3 or 4 years old) prior to September 1, 2020, and must be toilet trained. No age exceptions will be made.
Parents are required to bring a birth certificate or an official document with the child’s birth date and proof of residency at the time of registration.
- Appropriate immunizations will be required for children to attend preschool.
Fees and Deposits
- A $100 deposit is due at the time of registration. $25 of your deposit is a non-refundable service fee. If payment is made in full, a discount of $20 will be applied towards your fee. No refunds will be granted after January 3, 2021.
- The Streamwood Park District offers a payment plan option. The $100 deposit must be paid at the time of registration. Monthly payments will be automatically
deducted from your account (credit card, debit card or your bank information must be provided at the time of registration) the first of every month from September 1, 2020 – March 1, 2021.
You can register online here, or in-person at Park Place Family Recreation Center.