REGISTRATION FOR THE WINTER/SPRING SESSION OPENS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18
Join us for the remainder of the Building Block Preschool school year! We would love to see you in-person or online! If homeschooling is better suited for you, then try out our Curriculum Only program.
The remainder of the school year runs from January 25 – May 14, 2021.
- The focus of this program is to provide hands-on, center-based activities that foster fine motor skills to enhance pre-writing skills, promote socialization, and introduce letter and number recognition. Large motor skills are enhanced through music and movement activities that also encourage following directions and listening skills. Simple math and science projects are incorporated into the curriculum to foster critical thinking skills.
- You must register into both class codes if you want Tu/Th. There will be a different curriculum each day.
- The focus of this program is to provide developmentally appropriate activities to
ensure our students are socially, emotionally, and academically ready for kindergarten. Hands-on, center-based activities, as well as pencil writing, are used to emphasize letters, letter sounds, numbers, and simple sight words. Math and science projects are incorporated into the curriculum to foster critical thinking skills.
ONLINE PRESCHOOL (4-YEAR-OLDS)
- We will utilize Google Classroom for this class. Once a month there will be a supplies
pick-up at Park Place in the circle drive. Mrs. Wolverton will work with your children through Google Classroom for one hour (9-10a), 3 days a week.
CURRICULUM ONLY – HOME SCHOOL (3 & 4-YEAR-OLDS)
- Sign up for this program if you would like to home school your preschooler but want to
utilize our curriculum. We will provide crafts, projects, and worksheets. Parents must provide their own scissors, glue, and writing materials at home. This program will run for 15 weeks, January 25 – May 14.
Supplies/Packet Pick-Up Dates (Online & Home school Only)
|January 11 (1-2p)||January 25 (1-2p)||February 22 (1-2p)||March 22 (1-2p)||April 26 (1-2p)|
- Children must be the appropriate age (3 or 4 years old) prior to September 1, 2020, and must be toilet trained. No age exceptions will be made.
Parents are required to bring a birth certificate or an official document with the child’s birth date and proof of residency at the time of registration.
- Appropriate immunizations will be required for children to attend preschool.
Fees and Deposits
- A $100 deposit is due at the time of registration. $25 of your deposit is a non-refundable service fee. If payment is made in full, a discount of $20 will be applied toward your fee. No refunds will be granted after February 26, 2021.
- The Streamwood Park District offers a payment plan option. The $100 deposit must be paid at the time of registration. Monthly payments will be automatically deducted from your account (credit card, debit card, or your bank information must be provided at the time of registration) the first of every month from February 1, 2021 – April 1, 2021.