WORKING WITH THE VILLAGE OF STREAMWOOD
The Streamwood Park District strongly supports the Village of Streamwood’s efforts to develop much-needed recreational trails and looks to work collaboratively to provide additional recreational opportunities to the community.
The Village of Streamwood’s 2018 Comprehensive Plan envisioned better connectivity within the community by improving pedestrian and bicycle trails. It also proposed a bridge over Route 59 (Sutton Road). The Village has initiated plans to make this vision a reality. But they need your help to make this project the best that it can be.
The following projects are recommended.
- A new trail along Poplar Creek
- New trail bridge across Rt. 59
- Future Park District Campus
- Pedestrian restaurant site at Park District campus entrance.
- Pedestrian connection to Park District campus
- Potential commercial uses along Irving Park Road
- Potential new multi-family or senior housing
- Trial/sidewalk connections
- Improved intersection for pedestrians and bicyclists
- Better utilization of the out lots along Rt. 59.
A new trail along Poplar Creek is an important connection in the overall village trail system, helping achieve the goal of linking neighborhood villages and destinations. Trails already exist on the west side of Rt. 59 near the creek. The trail would connect the neighborhoods to the west with the open spaces and neighborhoods on the east side of Rt. 59.
Your input is important, so please see below for opportunities on how to get involved:
- Attend the public meeting Thursday, February 25 at 7:00 pm, Village Hall (301 E Irving Park Rd, Streamwood, IL 60107), Council Chambers. Masks or face coverings are required and social distancing will be maintained.
- Take a brief survey here. Please note the survey will close on March 12, 2021.
- Send your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org