On Monday, January 18, the IDPH announced that Region 10 has moved into Tier 2 of the “Restore Illinois” plan. As a result, the Streamwood Park District will be implementing the following changes to our programming and facilities to meet Tier 2 requirements.
Park Place Family Recreation Center
- Fitness Center maximum is increased to thirty (30) participants per workout session.
- The track per-use number increases from two (2) to six (6) participants at any given time.
- Registration is still required for entry into the Fitness Center. Register/reserve your time here.
- Park Place Family Recreation Center will continue to ask all participants to wear a mask or face covering at all times, this includes while exercising.
- Locker rooms will be opened for use (includes lockers and private locker rooms), with social distancing protocols in place. Locker rooms are limited to twelve (12) lockers in the men’s locker room, and thirteen (13) in the women’s locker room.
- In February, assuming we stay in Tier 2, lap swimmers will no longer be guaranteed to have a lane to themselves, as lane sharing may occur. The maximum number of swimmers per session will increase from six (6) to twelve (12).
Group Fitness Classes
- A return to Group Fitness classes within Tier 2 mitigations is underway. More details will be coming forward in the next few days.
- Open Gym is still not available.
- If you’re already registered for an athletic program, you will be contacted via email regarding potential changes.
Building Block Preschool
- Classes begin Tuesday, January 26. Spaces are still available for 4-year old in-person preschool.
- The classes starting the week of February 1 are now on schedule to be in-person classes. These classes were pushed back from their original January 18 start date.
For more information on how Tier 2 affects the Streamwood Park District, please contact Guest Services at 630.483.3010, get social with us on social media, or come back to StreamwoodParks.org.