As we head into summer weather and the State of Illinois drives further into Governor Pritzker’s Restore Illinois Phase 3 Plan, the Streamwood Park District has reopened outdoor tennis courts beginning Monday, June 8.
Please be advised that all use of outdoor tennis courts require current social distancing guidelines to be followed for all participants. Tennis Court guidelines are as follows:
- If playing as doubles, players are required to wear face coverings at all times.
- Please be vigilant in preventing the spread of the virus by practicing good hygiene as recommended by the IDPH and CDC Guidelines.
- Do NOT enter the courts if you have any symptoms or exposure risks.
- All spectators and players waiting for a court MUST remain outside of the fence and are required to wear face coverings when social distancing cannot be practiced.
- Before, during, and after play, players must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from other people.
- Players should mark their ball, and handle only their own ball, racket, and equipment. Avoid picking up balls with your hand whenever possible.
- Players are encouraged to bring and use hand sanitizer.
- Place your personal items (backpacks, water) at least 6 feet from other players’ items to avoid any contact.
- Gates will be left open to prevent surface contact.
- Handshakes, hi-fives, paddle bumps, or physical contact of any kind between players and spectators is prohibited.
- If there are any spectators waiting for their turn to use the court, please try and limit your time to one (1) hour or less.
- No other activities are allowed within the fenced court enclosure.
- Tennis courts close at dusk.
- The Streamwood Park District reserves the right to adjust the court rules at any time.
Please give Parks staff ample time to get the Sunny Hill tennis courts within the community to prep them for reopening.
If you have any questions regarding our parks, please contact 630.483.3134.