BUILDING BLOCK PRESCHOOL
BUILDING BLOCK PRESCHOOL
September 14, 2020 – May 14, 2021
REGISTRATION BEGINS MARCH 16
Children in the Building Block Preschool Program will learn through play, as they are taught skills to help develop their creativity as well as their educational and emotional well-being by qualified and caring instructors in a friendly atmosphere.
The program gears its curriculum to make sure that students are taught the skills they will need to enter Kindergarten, with a student/instructor ratio of 10:1.
Cindy Babicz | Recreation Manager
2.5 Year Old Preschool
The focus of this program is to sharpen large motor skills, foster specialization, and provide developmentally appropriate activities that embrace sensory and exploration skills.
3 Year Old Preschool
The focus of this program is to provide hands-on/center-based activities that foster fine motor skills to enhance prewriting skills, promote socialization, and introduce letter/number recognition. Large motor skills are enhanced through music and movement activities that also encourage following directions and listening skills. Simple math and science projects are incorporated into the curriculum to foster critical thinking skills.
4 Year Old Preschool
The focus of 4-year-old preschool is to provide developmentally appropriate activities to ensure our students are socially, emotionally, and academically ready for Kindergarten. Hands-on, center-based activities, as well as pencil writing, are used to emphasize letters and their sounds, numbers, and simple sight words. Math and science projects are incorporated to foster critical thinking skills.
- Children must be the appropriate age (3 or 4 years old) prior to September 1, 2019, and must be toilet trained (exception only for the 2.5-year-old class). No age exceptions will be made.
- Parents are required to bring a birth certificate or an official document with the child’s birth date and proof of residency at the time of registration.
- Appropriate immunizations will be required for children to attend preschool.
- A completed Program Information Form (PIF), child’s immunization records, and a current photo of your child must be completed and turned into the park district prior to the child starting class.
- Program Information Forms and the Parent Handbook are available online.
Fees & Deposits
$25 of your fee is a non-refundable service charge. If payment is made in full, a discount of $20 will be applied towards your fee. No refunds will be guaranteed after January 25, 2019.
The Streamwood Park District offers a payment plan option. The $100 deposit must be paid for at the time of registration. Monthly bills (payable online or at registration) will be generated on September 1, 2019 – March 1, 2020.